Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Welcome?

Ok.... So I'm laying in bed last night trying to get to sleep. I ignorantly had hung my dry cleaned pants and shirts on a shelf bracket on my wall. Luckily, they come back to you in that plastic....and conveniently, I can't sleep without my ceiling fan on. So I wake up in the middle of the night, hear something rustling, and immediately think a burglar is going through my kitchen trash. I had one of those "2 second freak outs". Then I though to myself, that's crazy.... why would the burglar be going through the kitchen trash? He'd at least start in the guest bedroom trash, that's where all the good stuff would be.

That's when I decided that I should put stupid stories like that on a blog. I constantly think of questions and ideas..... constantly. Some of these things are stupid, some are smart, some are impossible, and some just make you want to find the answer. That's why I need a blog. Now the MAKING of the blog.... wow, what an experience. I sat at this stupid computer for 30 minutes typing in the most random crap for a URL that was already taken. I'd put in something like, "ihatehardcrosswordpuzzles".... taken..... "yourmomdoesyoga".... taken...."areyouserious?".....taken......"aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrghhhh!!"....TAKEN. I about blew a fuse.

How many people are on this thing? Way more than every combination of the alphabet up to 20 characters.... I know at least that many. Reminds me of that SNL skit.... but only vaguely so I won't type about it. Anyhow, I will post on here whenever I think of something to say. It may be interesting, funny, or just plain boring. My wife's and sister's blogs are much more serious and worth reading than mine, I can be honest about that. But please, come here when you don't have anything else to do. Who knows, you may be entertained.

7 comments:

gk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gk said...

Cool! I just removed my own comment! I don't even know how I did that. It's like magic!

Anyway.. COMMENT TAKE 2!!

Soo.. Your blog is my favorite! :)

But don't tell people that. They'll be super jealous.

I have baby-sized tar heel goods to smuggle to you at your earliest convenience. You just let me know when we need to do the drive-by delivery!

Lindsey Broere said...

YAY...you are here! Welcome :-) I'm looking forward to seeing what "empirical implosions" you come up with..welcome to the inner workings of Matt's mind, right?

Matt Rollins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Only Servants Ministries said...

Yay! I CAN COMMENT NOW! Okay.. so here is the deal. Since we are sibblings, I can shoot straight with you. You're blog.... well.... the looks of it.... bore me a bit. So here's some help:
www.scrapblog.com
You can thank me later
(but you can pay me now, if you'd like)
Oh... and you can take this crazy word verification thing off. It's a waste of my life... and my life is really valuable lately. Thanks
Love you!

Matt Rollins said...

OK...FIRST of all... I know, I knew. SECOND, not all of us are professional blog snobs. And THIRD...well, there was a third, I forgot it. I shall go visit crapblog.com now....
ALSO** my word verification says "uneosoef" right now. You sure that's not entertaining enough to leave on?

Vonda said...

Dude...you're blowin smoke. I was just thinkin last night, when I was sitting in my smoking lounge (backyard)enjoying an Oliva from Goodfellas, that we should have them kids down sometime. We gotta grill, a patio, a stringer of redneck green trailer lights, Buffett on the discography thingy, and no one to harrass us when puffing the Olivas. We could puff, rant, and put some meat on the fire. We'll talk. Enjoying the blog. Tangerines rule!!!