Sunday, July 20, 2008

Abnormal Shut Eye

If I lived in a world where I couldn't laugh at myself and other people, I wouldn't make it two days....seriously.  I am constantly seeking out funny junk on the YouTube and picking with my friends about stupid stuff.  The ones I'm closest to know that all too well about me.  Normally, the more I pick with someone, the closer I am to them.  I laugh at myself more than anyone though.  I'm the biggest victim of what little wit I have.  

I am the weirdest dreamer I know.  Even Beth's weird dreams seem normal to me.  Often, my brain takes everything weird, random, and funny it can muster up, and puts it into some funky dream.  While I worked at the PD, they were just flat out freaky.  I'd never reveal those to anyone but Beth.  I think that what I heard, saw, and dealt with regularly found its way into dreams I could make horror movies out of.  Now that I'm working a new, normal job, I'm usually tired and can't remember my dreams.  If I'm relaxed and on vacation, I remember every one I have.  

For example, I had a dream a couple weeks ago while I was at the Outer Banks that I woke up laughing hysterically at.  I was sitting in the balcony in Finch Auditorium with my buddy Neil and Chris' sister, Laurie.  (two randomly selected friends that my brain chose to insert into this dream).  Michael Jackson appeared in that Thriller suit of his, wearing a glow-in-the-dark Hannah Montana belt and came whizzing toward us on some kind of cable.  Then a marching band appeared in some kind of gorilla suits and started playing "Beat It".  Then we ran.  It was about then that I woke up and literally said, "What the crap?". 

If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?  Not much more to say here.  I will continue to update and change my photos, comics, and videos at the bottom of my blog.  Feel free to check them out whether I'm posting or not!  (About these...  Chuck Norris jokes are going out I think, but this is still hilarious to me.... and I freakin' hate Carrot Top.)

4 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

Neil?? My Neil? That is HILARIOUS...I think the glow in the dark Hannah Montana belt really put the dream over the edge. HA!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Wow, funny stuff. Michael Jackson huh, hum......


Just FYI, you're background makes it incredibly hard to read your blog.

Vonda said...

Matt...this is scary. I'll tell you why the next time I see you.

Only Servants Ministries said...

Listen here, Beaver bunch- that background is way better than the plain black. Chris and I would blink our eyes like a thousand times trying to read it. Then we both would go to bed with headaches. I do like it better- plus it's really random- reminds me of your dreams.
That makes sense what you said about being relaxed and remembering your dreams. I have had some really weird ones since I've been in Kenya. 2 nights ago Dr. Smith's wife finally had her a little girl (after 3 boys). I was so excited to meet her when I got home from Kenya. To my surprise though- she birthed a cabbage patch kid. But she swore to me she would be a real girl by 5 yrs old. wtc? is this like Pinoccio's sister or what?